Thursday, August 18, 2005

I... Hate... Wespes...

So Carby Mitts were supposed to be done tonight. I headed down to Temple of Uggalepih and met up with Cnalk who was killing Wespes to get the ultra uber insanely impossible rare drop larvae. In between unsuccessfully getting the drop, we noticed good old gil seller Heimf come in and start clearing the Tonberry Harriers. He was camping Sozu Terberry. The Light pact used to be around 1,000,000g but gil farmers have brought it just below 400k. Within 16 mins Sozu Terberry pops, and they start fighting him. A 74NIN and a 75WHM.

Now Cnalk and I are good guys, but we hate people like gil farmers. Cnalk spammed Shadowbind while I spammed Dia. Sure enough, a placeholder spawns and Heimf goes to sleep him... Well if you know the claiming system of FFXI you know that you cannot have 2 enemies angaged at the same time. When Heimf engaged the link to sleep it, the NM became unclaimed, and Cnalk and I almost simultaneously claimed it with Shadowbind and Dia. At that point, the NM was already down to 5% and about 10 seconds later we killed it. Unfortunate for us, we didn't get the 400k scroll to drop. So we went back to farming. If those bees drop larvae, they drop one very 200 kills. Because that's how long it took to get one. After we finally got the drop we headed to where you force spawn Death From Above NM. A big mean bee.

We got to the room and Cnalk spawned. Man that thing hit fast. I eventually gave up enfeebling it and just decided to spam Cure III on my teeny tiny Taru RNG. Brave lil bastard was taking all the hits. After about 2 mins and 2 Slug Shots later, Cnalk had his Hornet Needle.

After we got Cnalk his dagger, I suggested that we head over to Sozu Sarberry since it was right aeround the corner, and see if we could pop that NM. It didn't drop anything special, a couple of NIN scrolls for around 30-40k, but I figured why not? So we come around the corner and who's clearing placeholders? Hemif! The 1st thing he does is "Heimf motions angrily at Gorokai." So I smiled, waved, and danced with him. We're waiting no longer than 1 spawn cycle and up pops Sarberry right next to me. I claim him through Dia but we end up getting a link. I couldn't believe how hard his throwing stars hit me for ranged attack, but after a link engaged us and MP was running low, Cnalk had to go and get Everyone's Grudge for 800+ and I got a Throat Stab for 480. Within about 5 minutes we were dead, and Heimf pulls the NM. He ends up killing it easily but to my surprise, he casts Raise III on both me and Cnalk and goes on his way. It was an extremely weird moment. I felt embarassment, shame, and happiness all at the same time. Well he ended up with a 40k Hojo:Ni scroll. Soon after I warped back and Cnalk ran back to Norg to warp on his own. Overall it was a surreal, yet interesting, night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home