Sunday, January 29, 2006

Return to the Nightmare

To start off, we did Sky tonight. A successful, yet incredibly long, night. After killing Genbu 2x more he dropped no shield, which means the past 3 Genbu's I have been high bidder, he has failed to drop Genbu's Shield.

After we all left sky I saw Forty speaking about wanting Diabolos. I too needed him, and only got the quest by accidently talking to a Windy Waters NPC. Good thing I did, because I needed both the avatar and the awesome earring that it gave.

We head out and it's BLM, BLM, BLM, RDM, MNK, PLD. Maybe it was overkill but when you hear the horror stories about Nightmare, you just want to get these kind of battles over. We head in and the plan is the PLD and MNK drop down, both 2 hr. Three seconds later from above the BLMs and I 2 hr as well. Unfortunetly, I realized after entering that Chainspell wasn't available for 9 minutes. So we waitied and went over the plan, and when the time came I hasted everyone, refreshed, and we went in.

Viddion dropped down and 2 hr's like a champ, Forty 2 hr'd before he dropped, but rushed in none the less. After I saw Manafont and the first series of spells hit, I activated Chainspell and mashed my Thunder III macro. They were hitting for 515 which was pretty nice in my opinion. Within seconds Diabolos was at 25% and he let go with his Nightmare. All mages were still up top, but when Viddion dropped we were all drawn in. All it took was 1 more round of spells to take him down. I would venture to say that all in all it took 40 seconds tops.

We exited out and warped outta Pso'Xja and headed to Windurst to claimour prize. Since I was doing Dynamis - Xarcabard and really wanted a victory, I chose Diabolos' Earring. It has great dark weather stats and in Dyna - X it's always dark weather.

We plan on going back for our second item on Monday night. I am hoping this doesn't interfere with Snoll Tzar... we'll have to wait and see. For now I am sitting at +9 Magic Accuracy which sounds good I guess. I'll have the opportunity to test it at the next Kirin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home