Tuesday, May 30, 2006

3 Day Weekends = fun times

So... there's a lot to catch up on. On Friday night the LS did a Rostrum Pumps run. Pretty much the last piece I need on my BRD to make it feel complete. It's egotistical to think this, (especially since good armor does not mean good player) but my BRD is pretty uber now. I mean... really.

Weapon: Terra's Staff
Head: Opo Opo Crown/Bard's Roundlet
Neck: String Torque/Star Necklace
L.ear: Loq. Earring/Melody+1
R.ear: String Earring/Minstrel's Earring
Body: Chl. Justacorps+1/Bard's Justacorps
Hands: Sha'ir Gages/Bard's Mitts
L.ring: Tamas Ring
R.ring: Jelly Ring/Minstrel's Ring
Back: Jester's Cape+1/Prism Cape [soon to be Intensifying Cape]
Waist: Gleeman's Belt/Ocean Rope
Legs: Bard's Cannions/Zenith Slacks
Feet: Rostrum Pumps

Makes for a pretty respectable collection of stuff. My RDM is starting to get almost complete as well, and with a new addition on Saturday at the God's run... I'm one step closer to completing RDM gear. This is a piece I have been waiting for since I was in Envy, and a piece I have been in line for since November. These are the hands to have for any RDM or BLM who is nuking. Magic Attack Bonus+5 and 50HP>>50MP is godly. My RDM now (with a rolo pie) is now 981HP and 963MP which is damn near the 1:1 ratio all RDMs strive for. With the Intensifying Cape from Assault I will be hovering dmn close to 1000MP with food. With the good came some bad. First my main competition is a girl who only attends our runs to spend points, she has stopped accruing them because she joined another LS. This meant I had to earn more points to win the bid (or wait for her to get them). Well I finally passed her by 1 point before the gods and she forced me to pay 100% of my points. Doesn't matter though, I have my mitts and thats 1/2 of the items I want in sky, the other being Genbu's Shield. The other bad news was Cursed Mitts jumped from 750k>950k the day I got my abjuration. Even worse I had to get mine for 995k... which annoyed me somewhat until I checked the Cursed Mitts recipe and found that one of the ingredients costs 1.1M so I guess I can't complain. Either way I got my mitts and that's all I was concerned about.

Sunday started with me finally breaking 70,000 Guild Points and earning my Magnifying Spectacles. Sadly they are impossible to see on my character when I wear them unlike bonecraft or goldsmithing but all that matters is I got 1/2 of my "crafting gear" taken care of. Now to earn 100,000 more for the apron... ugh.

Later on Sunday we did a Dynamis run. Finally I was going to be able to put those weeks and months of levling a job I absolutely despised to good use. I have to say one thing about DRK... stun is fun, and when used properly you get compliments from your party and that makes you feel good. But playing DRK as main? BORING. You can engage a mob and go afk for 1 minute and come back, and as long as the mob hasn't moved no one in your party knows any different. No thanks... Anyways we went into Dynamis - Xarcabard with the intent of clearing all time extensions and then taking a run at good old Dynamis Lord. The last time we went after him we won, but after many deaths, ALOT of XP loss, and a zombie attack that took nearly 20 mins. Needless to say, it was a clusterf**k so we vowed to do it again and do it right. We had 8 RDM/DRKs, about 9 BLMs, maybe 5 PLDs, and about 6 WHMs. We also used a BRD/BLM to Elemental Seal Ltng. Threnody which worked wonders. We took that badass down in about 3 mins flat. We had perfection going till 5%. Thats when Ying and Yang appeared and stunned our Chainspell stunners (me and Rhyis) and that jerk got off an Oblivion Smash but the last group of stunners came in and the melee finished him off. Only a Jadeshell dropped but it was seriously impressive. We ended up having over an hour left to farm. I'm really proud of Obsidian for really executing this time. We are a premiere Dynamis LS on Odin and I'm extremely proud to be a part of it. I really hate PS2 pics, when someone posts a PC version of the group pic this crappy one gets replaced, until then... the Interlopers:

Finally on Monday was sort of a day of resting. I woke up and found that some friends wanted to kill a NM in Riverne #A01 so I grabbed some DRK gear and headed out. We were going after a NM called Heliodromos which is actualy 3 NMs. Once you engage one the other two attack and once the first dies the other two will despawn in about 10 mins. We went out with about 12 people and killed all three no problem but only got 1 pair of Mountain Gaiters so we let the person who really wanted them all along have them and Gooftaru now has his new boots. We decided to check another NM called Aiatar which is a Wyvern type NM that drops JSE legs for DRG and DRK. We had a DRK there named Lyric who really wanted the Sable Cuisses. He was actually a tough fight. He used Dispelga and Paralyzga which were incredibly annoying and he also used normal wyvern moves which aren't so bad if you didn't get your food dispelled and you can't cast your shadows because you're paralyzed. After about 6 minutes we finally got him down and wouldn't you know it... we got the worst drops you could get.

We called it a day after that and headed off. I did yet another Apollyon SE limbus run... (this is our 6th in a row I think) and we got 5 coins. We could do this in our sleep now. I think when we pulled the boss weapon on the 4th floor we had almost 25 minutes left... I wish we could farm or repop the mobs to use that time we get with time extensions. Oh well, I have 8 coins and 1/2 items for both BRD and RDM. We need to start going to Temenos again so I can get my 2nd items for AF and we can finally get some Nashira gear.

Finally (yes really this is finally) we did some BCNM60 runs. Six to be exact. We did Dismemberment Brigade in Horlais Peak and it was a joke how easy it was. We had PLD, NIN, DRG, RDM, BLM, BRD and we won everytime. We were really after Spectacles and crate after crate we weren't getting any. Hell even my crate was a flute and 5 goldsmithing items... Red Rock, Mythril Ingot, and 3 gems... so lame. Finally at 3:00am on our final crate I had lost my patience...


So there you have it... threaten SE in shout and you get your drops. Our total haul was 1x Spectacles, 2x Dragvandil, 3x Hamelin Flute, 2x Assault Earring, 4x DS Ingot, 4x Mythril Ingot, and a bunch of gems that can be NPC'd for 2400g (and are that much at the auction house). I think we walked with about 1M each when all was said and done. Well, that about completes my Memorial Day wrapup entry. Hell if you read this whole thing and got this far... send me a tell in game. I'll send you 1000g cause you're either entirely too bored, or enjoy reading my blog. And I bet you'd enjoy it more if I paid you to keep coming back :P so take care guys, my fingers are tired.

1 Comments:

At June 09, 2006 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home