Thursday, May 11, 2006

Found it! Money pit!

So, after getting Clothcraft from 1-51 in one week I had spent a whopping 1.1M gil in total. Not bad, seeing as I didn't spend any time hovering on the money synths. Today I hit 52.6 and looked at what lay ahead for me. No synth is free, but so far they have been extremely cheap. Getting from 53-62 is going to be a bit more expensive than I am used to. I have to make Green Ribbons. The ingredients to the ribbons are the cheapest of the synths in this crafting range. The ingredients are simply 1 Silk Cloth and 1 Wind Crystal. Easy enough. Problem is a stack of Silk Cloths are 170k... that equates to just over 14k a cloth. I can ease that pain a little by making the cloths myself from Silk Thread. Silk Thread is 45k a stack and since 3 x Silk Thread = 1 Silk Cloth that means I can make a stack of cloths for 135,000 gil. That at least saves me 35k in ingredients. If I synth each cloth that makes each Ribbon synthed cost me about 11,250g, and since the NPC buys the ribbons back for 2000g I'll be losing approx 9,100g per synth. Not all that bad, but seeing I'll probably have to make 6-8 stacks of Green Ribbons to get up to 62(ish) that means I'll be losing about 655k-837k after all is said and done... crap. Hopefully this will get me to 62 and I can get past this small hurdle, and I shouldn't hit another speed bump until around 78.

Until then I'm going to try and make some gil on the side by synthing cloths day and night. I've found some moneymakers which I'll share with you (don't go screwing up the economy with these now...)

Flax Flower x 2 = 1 Linen Thread
Linen Thread x3 = 1 Linen Cloth

That means 72 Flax Flowers are needed to make a stack of Linen Cloths. Flax Flowers are around 200g at the guild or at the airship shops. 72 x 200g = 14,400g in Flax Flowers. Guess how much 1 stack of Linen Cloths is? 60,000 gil. Thats a 45,600 gil profit. There's more

Crawler Cocoon x 2 = 1 Silk Thread
Silk Thread x 3 = 1 Silk Cloth

That means 72 Crawler Cocoons are needed to make a stack of Silk Cloths. Crawler Cocoons are around 810g each and are only available at the Clothcraft Guild Salesroom or the Auction House. 72 x 810g = 58,320g in Crawler Cocoons. And how much is a stack of Silk Cloth? 170,000 gil which is a 111,680 gil profit.

For the next week or so, these two synths are almost the only thing I'll be doing. Hopefully I can make about half of that upcoming gil loss beforehand so instead of losing 655k-837k... I may only lose about 200k-400k.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home