Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Mixed Emotions




Alot has happened since last update. Got past Snoll (THANK GOD) and caught up to Airship. Went 0/7 (mostly tests) 2 nights ago and then ended up kicking the BLM cause was a pain in the ass. We picked up a WAR and went is NIN, WAR, RNG, WHM, SMN, BRD. 1st time we kinda screwed up on Mammets, but 2nd time we passed Mammets and then wiped on Omega at 12%. We reraised and Astral Flowed him because time was running out. When we finally cleared Omega we had used 3/6 CCB Polymers and 3/6 Two Hours, (Benediction included). We started the 3rd fight weakend and weren't able to engage Ultima until we were down to 7 minutes. Well 7 mins later and 2 CCB's later we got it to 19%.

With everyone's 2 hr's gone and starting to think how much those CCB's costs us (300k a pop) we called it a night and decided to retry Friday. We totally had it. We can kill Ultima and Omega... we just can't waste 7-8 minutes weakened. So that sort of bummed me out.

Then I start desynthing because I'm thinking to myself... "I spent 70k GPs on these stupid Smithy's Mitts, might as well use them" so I head off to an area and find an item from an NPC that sells for 517g. That's 6,204g for 12 of them. The NQ desynthed result is valued at 40k a stack and the HQ result is valued at 100k a stack. With 1 HQ synth I've just paid for the entire stack of items I bought from the NPC. That made me quite happy. It's always nice to find these little gems in the game that you can "exploit" to make some gil without having to stand in one place for 3 hours and spam a command just so you have a chance to claim. Anyways I need to make some gil (who doesn't). I'm not poor but if I'm going to have to spend another 500k on meds and CCB for this Friday's fight, I'd rather earn it than have to spend it.

69BRD - 21k/32k

Well after 3 in-game days of desynthing I raised the price of the item from 517g each to 2500g each and eventually emptied the NPC of the item.... Still got 3+ stacks of NQ items and 2 stacks of HQ items which is about 300k. I also learned I can make Steel Ingots cheap. They are 10k a piece. 4xBomb Ash (2300g) + 4xIron Sand (1868g) = 1xSteel Ingot (10k). Thats a 6k profit on every synth which is a 72k profit on every stack.

1 Comments:

At February 24, 2006 3:47 AM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

Thank you! The very next day 5 of the 6 of us went in and got our Gray, Carmine, and Cyan Chips. Talked to the Tenshodo secretary, and then traded em in to Cid.

No fame needed really, and we got our Polymers. We were tempted to go ahead and sell em and spend another hour farming the chips, (its real easy with 4-5 ppl) but we got lazy and said this will be the last time we have to make Polymers (lets hope).

Thanks for reading my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home