Tuesday, April 04, 2006

somebody got the hooooooook uuupppppp



Well I finally got a pic of my character and his hat, and boy do I look better when viewed on PC! Thanks to Victory LS for such great teamwork and dedication. So later on last night we did Apollyon Northeast and sure enough with 17 we not only beat it but I walked away with my 2nd piece of BRD AF+1 item! That means as soon as I get my coins I'm making my Justacorps +1 and selling that damn Sha'ir Manteel. Hopefully it will hold its value of 30M over the next 2 weeks or so. I'm really just so proud of that LS growing so well so fast. I was very tempted to quit it the 1st two runs because we had like 5 people and I was not going to pay 50k to die and not get items... but I stuck it out and now we are going for Ultima/Omega by the end of next week.

I've started playing Tyrhanny more and more which is strangely interesting for me because I don't usually like melee jobs. Well I got her up to 32NIN and I even got a friend in my LS to help me camp Empress Hairpin this morning! It was so great we were camping against a LS of 4 people, 2 of which were THFs. Somehow someway he pulled of a miracle and voked Valkurn Emperor. I got there with it at 10% and he finished it off and we got the drop. I was so excite and happy I forgot to take a screenshot. No matter, I'm happy with it. I solo'd for about an hour today and the difference is night and day. Without hairpin a mob might miss me1 out of 4 times it now hits me 1 out of 4 times. After a failed claim last night I was cntemplating trading my H.Kote for a Emperor Hairpin + 2M gil but no one would bite. Then I went to sleep with it in my bazaar for 5M gil, (1.7M gil less than the AH price) and it still wouldn't sell! Luckily I still had it this morning because thats when I got the drop. Now I'm 2 levels from H. Kote and 6 levels from Gaiters. Never in a million years did I think I'd enjoy looking forward to leveling up melee...

2 Comments:

At April 08, 2006 12:33 AM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At April 08, 2006 12:37 AM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

The reason I got the hat was simply for MP+ and INT+, there is no difference in the elemental/fast cast traits. Fast Cast isn't faster with a Chapeau+1 vs Chapeau. I mainly did it because no other headgear gives more INT for RDM than the Chapeau+1.

It's also the only AF I wear besides Tabard and since Enfeebling isn't boosted in Tabard+1, there was no point. Tabard+1 has mp resting+5... which is exactly what my Errant Hpl is for. Now people said "Tabard+1 can replace Errant Hpl!" which it can't. Errant Hpl is INT+10, Enmity-3 as well as mpp+5. Tabard+1 wont give me any INT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home