Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Taking a break

I talked about doing this a few months back and never did. I have gotten myself too wrapped up in this game, online for hours upon hours upon hours. I don't know if I had a moment of clarity or if the shit finally hit the fan and I needed to make a decision. I'm taking of the next 5.5 weeks until August. Then I can reassess if I want to keep going in this game.

I have great jobs, good crafting, a ton of gil, and am in one of the best Dynamis LS's on this server... but I have no real friends. No one to talk to when I'm online. Sure I converse about meaningless dribble in /linkshell chat but that is just ambient chat. People have stuff I want but don't have. People are in linkshells that I want to be in but am not. People are doing things and killing things that I am not because I am not in that "circle of people" that are doing the things I want to do. I feel like I'm at a party with people who are no fun playing music I don't like talking about shit I don't care about. I'm sitting on a couch in the corner staring at the host's CD collection wondering why the hell I am still sitting here.

Well, I've been unhappy long enough. I'm getting my ass up and leaving this party. I may be back, I may not. I'm not sure. But I bet I'll be happier not stressing over the things I don't have and the stuff I'm not doing if I'm not confronted with it on a daily basis. Until then...

2 Comments:

At June 20, 2006 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to read that you're unhappy with the game, I quite enjoy reading your blog. It's kind of like vicarious playing since I have little time to spend on the game myself ;;

 
At June 21, 2006 2:28 PM, Blogger Boa Valenwood said...

The Rule of Quitting FFXI states that if you tell anyone that you are quitting, make any kind of official announcement about it, you are doomed to return to Vana'diel.

So see you real soon, Gorokai.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home