Wednesday, July 05, 2006

13 hours seems fair

So after hitting 50BLM I looked at my spell list and realized that I wanted/needed Tornado @ 52. I checked the auction house and of course it was 300k. I checked online and saw Yagudo Prelates in Castle Oztroja dropped them so I headed out around 11am. I got there and no one was there, so I started killing prelate after prelate. Eventually some people came for G3, some for coffer keys. They all came and left. yet I was still there. I farmed them upstairs by the torches and I farmed them down below past the Brass Door where you do G3. I killed and killed, and got not a single tornado scroll to drop.

13 hours.

Yep, I farmed for 13 hours to get this scroll, from 11am till midnight. I got about 12 BLM testimonies, 3-5 MNK/BRD/NIN testimonies, I got Aero IV, Aeroga II, Aeroga III... but no Tornado. Finally a kind THF allowed me to whore his treasure hunter and so I helped him kill the Yagudo High Priests for Raise II. Thirteen hours later it dropped and all thanks to a nice THF named Eleene. I figured it out I was getting about 33xp per kill and went from 7490 limit points to 10,200 limit points (I even got a merit). At 33xp per kill thats just over 82 Prelates killed. 1/82 isn't the best drop rate seeing as some people who came and went while I was there reported as going 1/5 on Tornado. Oh well, I got all spells I needed from them, now Ineed to farm Dread Demons for Firaga II, Flare, and Fire IV. There are 27 spells for BLM from levels 50-75, and so far I have 14 of them.

Today I tried to solo Goblin pets in Gustav Tunnel as a 50BLM, and died 4x so I'm not trying that again for 2 levels. My Freeze spell was hitting them for 792-795 and leaving them with 3% HP which meant the Goblin Shepherds were incoming to kill me. First death was because I got aggro while casting freeze and it seems that it takes a good 5 seconds for freeze to get interrupted, but it only takes 3 seconds for a Goblin Mercenary to slaughter you. Death #2 and #3 came from the linking sheperds after I left their pets and 3%, and death #4 was BS because the Goblin hit me as it was despawning! I've never died from a mob that was disappearing off my screen, but now I know you have to wait until you can no longer see the name of the mob. So 3k xp later I'm only 500 into 50BLM and warped home with my tail between my legs and put up my party flag in shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home