Saturday, July 08, 2006

Another 48 Hours

So after rushing so fast to get BLM to 51 what do I do the next two days? Nothing... and I play on my RDM doing end-game stuff. Yesterday, we had a new person named Eraphie come into the LS. She has been so helpful to everyone in the LS, and she needed to get some whispers for Fenrir and I have had only 3 avatars for the longest time.... so the Prime Avatars were about to go down! Well she was so cool that she tele'd me all around Vanadiel to the various avatar taru NPCs and even helped me get enough fame for Bastok (which I have crap level 5 fame) and finally get Titan's fork. Only for Titan did I "tank" which took us 18 mins to win, but for Ifrit and Ramuh she tanked like a beast, and the fights took 8 mins. Before the night was over I had doubled my avatars and I am only missing Diabolos and Fenrir. I don't have Light and Dark Spirits but they aren't all that necessary for a SMN anyways.

We've also started camping kings and that can take anywhere from 3 hours to 9 hours of camping which kind of worries me because there is still so much I want to do. I want to merit RDM so I can have them for BLM, I want to actually XP on my BLM. I want to farm my spells for my BLM (already have 15/24 of the spells to 75), and of course I want to do Dynamis and Limbus. Now that I've started gearing up for SMN, I might want to level SMN eventually as well. Oh yea and then there's always that crafting thing... So much to do.

Finally last night we had a new addition to the LS named Jokerr and as soon as he joined he started organizing a ZM17 run. This is the only thing that's holding me back from Apocalypse Nigh. I've beaten CoP, I've beaten Bahamut v1, I just needed to complete RoZ and then climb my promies. Well sure enough we got a pretty good party together (WHM, BLM, RDM, RNG, WAR, NIN) and headed to the Celestial Nexus. Three deaths later from dumbass aggro (I'm as much to blame as anyone) we buffed and entered the Nexus.

Now we had the gameplan down, but I had never seen what this fight looked like. I was to sleep the Orbitals and run back. Well we enter, Jokerr runs in to get hate and starts fighting. These Exoplates form around the kid and Jokerr is tanking them and I see no Orbitals so my dumbass casts Sleep II on the Exoplates. Wouldn't you know less than 2 seconds later the Orbitals spawn. Luckily I get a Sleep I to stick and run back. We start doing fine and get him to 5% with some Mighty Strikes and nukes, but then a Tornado gets through someones shadows and me and the WHM Cure IV and Cure V. Well we both got hate and soon dropped from a few hits and a Burst spell... So we're dead and they take him to 1% and I'm wondering why the WHM isn't Reraising. He finally does and we take him out but 5/6 of the party is weakend for his 2nd form. Supposedly his 2nd form is a joke, he only had 2500 HP so our WHM Bene's, our BLM Manafonts, and we start nuking the hell out of him. Here's the problem, this kid has an AoE attack that seems to have unlimited range. Don't forget all mages are weakened and 1 AoE drops Stoneskin. Well we get him to 15% and all three mages drop. We get right back up and run to the starting point of the arena... pretty damn far from the fight. We start using our Reraise Hairpins and I got to about 55% before an AoE wiped the mages... So we're out for the count. All that was left was the RNG and the NIN and there was no barrage up. Luckily Jokerr knows how to tank pretty friggin well and was able to tank this kid with only 339 HP the whole time. Barrage finally comes back up and the RNG destroys him. Game over. RoZ finished. Thank God. I have been on this Mission since I got DM done with Envy almost a year ago.

After a long CS involving a storyline I had completely forgotten about, I was ported out to Hall of the Gods and HP'd. I can now climb the 3 promies and get my pretty Magnetic Earring, Conserve MP+5, MP+20 hells yea. Then I can sell my Insomnia Earring and make a little cash. All in all a very eventful 48 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home