Thursday, March 09, 2006

Minor gear upgrade

Ever since I have finished my Sha'ir set the rest of my BRD gear has begun to look a little gimp. I haven't updated any accessories in almost a month when I was in the 60's. After last nights BCNM40 runs (8 runs, 2 Erase's, 0 charms) I am now 0/16 getting a charm using my orb and 1/27 overall seeing a Peacock Charm in an Armory Crate. Sometimes my bad luck even baffles me when I take a step back and examine my statistics. Anways, we split the 1.4M from the two Erase scrolls 3 ways and walked with 460k each. Blech. I also finally decided to give up trying to get my 2 Fire Beads true value of 800-900k and just sell them for market value of 700k each. That was another 1.4M last nigth which just brought me to 3M in gil. The most I've had since paying off my Sha'ir.

Moving on... I checked the AH again for my one "gotta have it" item that's never in-stock and sure enough it was! I grabbed it for 100k, the price it's been for over 4 months.

This will be a nice addition to the Jelly Ring (-5% Physical Damage) and the Earth Staff (-20% Physical damage) when I go into MNK parties. Since my HP will stay in yellow alot, that gives me -55% damage reduction with yellow HP. Not bad. Since I now had 2 Melody Earrings I sold them both and bought one single Melody Earring+1. Finally I realized that since I use a Harp for Lullaby and sleeping Spartoi Warriors/Sorcerors is pretty important, I bought a Wind Torque that is String Instrument skill+7. With the Manteel and Minstrel's Ring I also now have -37% songcasting time when I am in yellow HP. The whole point of this gear is to help sleep things fast and effectivly. Overall, the BRD gear is finally starting to be finished. The only missing thing is a better ring for normal XP. I have a Loyalty Ring which is CHR+3 but it's a level 36 ring and there's other rings out there that are better... but their values begin at 1.4M and only go up from there. Fortunetly, most of my XP parties are spam parties where I pull so I use the Minstrel's/Jelly combo and never worry about the 3rd ring.

Boroka's window opens in 2.5 hours, cheap ass better drop something better than that damn Skulker's Cape.

update: Well, he dropped more than the Skulker's Cape, but no earring. I got my cape, (since Lill and Arc had already gotten the last two, and Xerxes got his Kote. Nice little item, it's the Horomusha Kote. It's the same level as Ochiudo's Kote with 5 less attack so I don't know why anyone with O Kote would want H Kote... but oh well. We try again tomorrow.

update's update: Well we killed again and I'm too lazy to make a new post. Dropped cape and torque this time. LS MNK got the torque because STR+4 in MNK parties with a BRD will be quite nice. I also realized why H Kote > O Kote... I never knew O Kote had -5 evasion, so it seem H Kote is the preferred kote for NINs since they offer 5 more evasion and 5 less attack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home