Monday, July 24, 2006

Holy crap am I excited...

So the version update went live today, and I'm at work right now but I was able to read what is in store for me when I come home. So many things to be excited about, here's my list:

New RDM spells (obtained through merits only)
-Paralyze II
-Slow II
-Blind II
-Phalanx II
-Dia III
-Bio III

New New BRD job abilities/spells (obtained through merits only)
-Nightingale
-Troubadour
-Foe Sirvente
-Adventurer's Dirge
-Raptor Mazurka <- (37BRD gets this... not too happy about that)

New BLM spells (obtained through merits only)
-Freeze II
-Tornado II
-Quake II
-Flood II
-Burst II
-Flare II <- (i have seen this and it's friggin amazing)

Other jobs' new notable stuff
-NINs can now earn job trait "Ninja Tool Expertise" through meriting (sucks for all those Koga Tekko folks)
-WHMs can now earn Proctectra /Shellra V through meriting!!! <- (also gorgeous... though no Curaga V)

Raise/Reraise was changed from 25% xp returned to 50% (wonder how it works with Hymnus)

Finally, new BCNMs in Aht Urghan won't be obtained through seals but instead through Imperial Standing. This is great and crappy at the same time. Great because I never wasted my IPS on the Walahara Turban (what job doesn't use a turban now...) so that means I can go ALOT. It costs 2k IPS for level 60 cap, and 3k IPS for 75 cap. The Bad, you trade your IPS for a key item to enter the battlefield, but you can only get said key item 1x every 24 hours. This means you can't go ahead and just warp back to the NPC to get a new orb like you could for KS30.

Still, I have over 35,000 IPS and having both RDM and BRD at 75 means that I'm going to be meriting... ALOT. My main goals are to get Paralyze II and Phalanx II, then maybe one of the new BRD job abilities. It's too soon to know what they do yet. Hell maybe, (just maybe), I'll level NIN to 37 so I can go RDM/NIN with Paralyze II and Phalanx II. I still hate melee though, but getting DRK to 37 meant getting WAR to 18 and my NIN is already 14 so I'm about 1/3rd there. I've got to find some time to get BLM xp in so I can unlock the AM2 spells (Flare II is insanely cool looking). Just when I thought I was gettig ready to get out, SE pulls me back in.

Oh yeah, I got +0.7 on Clothcraft synthing 24 Dance Shoes... too bad it cost me almost 2M gil to get 70% of a level. Still, I have 2 pairs of NQ Cursed Slacks on the AH so that right there is 3.2M coming to me. Shouldn't be too bad. Man, why did they do the friggin update on a Monday!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home