Monday, July 10, 2006

Rod Stewart's right, "Some Guys Have All the Luck"

I think God decided to LOL @ me yesterday. Octa, a LS mate, got A. Abj: Legs in sky and wanted to get his Zenith Slacks. I've never synthed them before and they are a 97 cap synth. I've been on a bit of a crafting break since hitting 93, so I wasn't really all that close to the cap. With my GP items and advanced Guild Support I could meet the cap being 93.0+2+3, but that was the best I could do. I told him about this and he said no problem. I synthed his Siren's Macrame (91) and faced south on Firesday Waning Moon 79% and synted. I warned him it could break, he seemed positive. Well sure enough I synthed the Cursed Slacks -1. Unreal. Some people on Killing Ifrit talk about going 0/100 + on that item. I'm 1/1... and they weren't even for me. Honestly I've only ever seen 2 on people. Terican has a pair and Yumikogirl has a pair in her bazaar usually for 25M. I think maybe 6-10 have sold on the AH before. Either way it's a super rare synth and I'm glad for Octa. In no way does this mean I'm gonna start pumping out Cursed Slacks trying to get another +1. Hell, I didn't even get a skillup on it.

In other news I found a nice spot I can solo BLM which I got to 52 last night. If I can 1 shot the Goblin Sheperd's leech in Kuftal Tunnel I can get anywhere from 180-200xp without my xp ring on. Last night with some help from Omegaslayer clearing adds, I hit 2 Chain #5 's for 300xp each. I wish I had my xp ring on at the time, but I still got 5k in 1 hour of soloing. I'm on my way back there today until Limbus. Not sure if I'll make HNMs tonight, though we claimed our 2nd Fafnir again last night. Congrats to Gooftaru on his Adaman Mufflers. So far Eraphie has done a bangup job organizing and motivating the LS to make a serious push into the HNM market. Hopefully Nidhogg and Aspi aren't too far around the corner from dropping a A. Abj: Body for me since Dalmatica is the dream armor I've had since I learned about endgame. As Earl says, "Karma... it's a strange thing". Hopefully I increased my karma skill +0.1 last night with that cursed slacks-1!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home