Wednesday, August 02, 2006

i love tarus

So last night I logged on so that I could possibly get some BLM xp in. I found a 59BLM who was a taru and had pretty good INT gear. He was fairly new, and didn't have the gil to buy a reraise earring and/or ginger cookies. He only had 30k and when I told him we would duo in Bibiki Bay he told me he had never ever been there. I asked if he had CoP and he said of course, so a friend tele'd us out there and we headed out on Choco to Bibiki Bay.

We arrived to an empty camp (yay!) and the Hobgoblin Animalier wasn't being pulled. All the conditions were right. I explained to him that I would pull the rarab with Blind, he would sleep 2 and if that failed he'd Sleepga 2. "I don't have Sleepga 2". /sigh ok well I'll sleep it if you fail, but you are a 59BLM taru with INT gear you won't fail. I put on reraise, stoneskin, invis, and headed out. "Ready?" I ask. "RDY!" he types.

I pulled the rarab and came back to camp, and there he is resting. Two hits later I lose stoneskin and on the third hit I take 160 dmg. Only then does he finally stand up and start Sleep 2. I take another 180 dmg and his Sleep 2 is resisted, so I stun and start Sleep 2. I get to 60% and the rarab finishes me off. Then it moves to the taru. 1 shot takes 80% of his HP. I reraise up and sleep 2 it. "I forgot to put up stoneskin" he tells me. He's now @ 22HP, I'm at about 30HP. He starts casting Burst and I realize I have 224MP cause I'm weakend and used Sleep 2. He cast Burst and took 50% of it's HP, but the rarab finished him off right after. I cast Stonega 2 and got it to 5% and it killed me.

Two dead BLMs, no reraises. "Thanks, it was fun, I'm going out to dinner now with my parents". He HP's and disbands. Great. I got a raise from a passerby and threw inthe BLM towel for the night.

Seeked on RDM for 30 mins and never got an invite so I grabbed my NPC pearls and headed out to Castle Oztroja. I was soloing Prelates and High Priests and not getting any of the money scrolls, and then a pary of 5 tarus rolls up behind me. They weren't RMTs but instead they were Japanaese. There was a SMN, WAR, NIN, WHM, WHM so I asked if they wanted Refresh. They thanked me and told me they needed a Judgement Key. Easy drop off the Flagellants, I get 1 from every 4 or 5 I kill.

We killed stuff for 2 hours with no drops. It was fun though. XP dropped considerably because of the amount of people but it was nice to help some people. Sucked that we never got the key but we did get both WHMs their testimonies and I was able to snag 2 Kindred's Seal and 1 Beastmen Seal. We disbanded around 12:30am and I was lookig to head to sleep. I hit the AH to sell the scrolls and they were all around 1-2k. Reraise 3 was 4k I think. I NPC'd them all for 2500 and went to sleep.

Not a bad night, I felt good about finally being able to offer some "pseudo-help". Dynamis Jeuno tonight, if Bard's Slippers drop I will be 5/5 on AF and finally finish BRD AF2. I hate Jeuno though. We'll see I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home