Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Leap of faith

So I made the jump. I found someone who was looking for the same things I was (a new server, a new craft, and a new set fo jobs). I found that person on Bismarck and I made the leap and traded up characters straight up. To my right you can see what I gave up in Gorokai, here is what I recieved:

name - Nivaud
race - Male/Elvaan (Face 3A)
allegiance - Rank 10 Bastok, rank 8 Windy
jobs - 75SMN, 75RDM, 75BLM, 57BST, 56DRK, 55WHM, 37NIN
access - all areas including sea, sky, ToAU
crafts - 95 cooking (Raw Fish Handling), 84 fishing (Lu Shang's Rod), 60 Woodworking (Lumberjack), 27 smithing/alchemy

The character has a weskit and a yinyang robe for SMN! Along with LuShang's, I have an Evoker's Ring, Ugg Pendant, Loq. earring, and about 60-70 merits dispersed throughout SMN, BLM, and RDM. The RDM has 3 AF2's, the BST has 2 AF2's :D and the character has 1/2 the items needed to make a RDM, BST, BLM, and SMN AF+1. Unfortunetly I only have 14 coins... but that shouldn't be a problem. I have found a new joy in fishing and cooking. Last night I fished up 2 stacks of Black Sole in Port Jeuno (sinking minnow = free bait!) and then I synthed up some Sole Sushi and stuck it up on the AH. Easy gil... I also spent a few trips pulling in some Gugru Tuna and slapping them up on the AH block 4k.

It's not huge gil like clothcraft... hell I could buy a 500k Galaetia and make a 700k pair of trousers in 2 minutes and make 200k right there. Instead this is a slow and steady craft that has return customers. Once one of my clients bought my blessed trousers I'd never realy see him again, but melee are always gonna look for sole sushi when the fight. So I'm hoping that this turns out a little less stresfull than camping the AH for Galaetia and Siren's Hair.

Sadly I have to call POL and get the pasword for my new email account. The previous owner never used it and forgot it, and the only way to get my screenshots to my PC to host them on this blog is to email them from my POL account to my real life email account. So, unfortunetly, no new pics of my dhalmel SMN.

On a side note, I wanted to thank Resurrection very much for being the only HNM LS to take a chance with me. I never asked to join, but I was glad I did. They welcomed me and forgot the past and decided to invite Gorokai and if I was truly an ass... just kick me. They treated me iwth respect and were so SO helpful. You helped me kill my 1st king, my 1st Cerb, and my 1st Limbus Ultima. You helped me get BRD AF+1 legs and about 8M from my KS99 last week. I thank you guys for all you did. A while back I did my CoP static with Aenarion and Gimmeone, two Res members. UP told me to listen to him and forget they were Res, just push through the missions. I'm really glad I did. Thank you all.

4 Comments:

At August 30, 2006 11:19 PM, Blogger SeraphPDH said...

So, are you going to continue posting on your blog? I'll miss you man... :-/

 
At August 31, 2006 1:17 AM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

I'm prolly gonna start posting on www.nivaud.blogspot.com, I gotta get this whole email thing worked out so I can send pics to myself and post them.

Blog + no pics = slow read. I need eye candy.

 
At August 31, 2006 11:47 AM, Blogger Tuufless said...

What the?

/sigh

You're _still_ not a taru! >_<

 
At August 31, 2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

It was a trade Will, no money exchanged hands, and it went to a non-gil farmer. We exchanged ID/PW's and then changed the usernames/billing form to reflect ourselves.

Now I pay for Nivaud and he/she pays for Goro. You will still see Goro on Odin, it just won't be me on the other side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home