Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Muzzler



So, we killed Cerberus, what fun it was, and somewhat of a hassle. I'll illustrate what the facts were and try to sway from making it dramatical.

- I was duoing in Bibiki Bay with a BLM that I have duo'd with many times. We were being "covered" by a member of BBQ (seems they were bf/gf). Things were goin fine
- A LS member says, /l I'm bored, I'm gonna check Cerb
- Three mins later /l CERB IS UP! No one is here!
- I tell my duoing partner I have to go because a NM is up, and it's Cerb
- I warp to Cerb, get there, and BBQ is gathering
- I find out that our BBQ back @ Bibiki Bay found out about Cerb from his gf... yay.

We gathered and had about 13 people, BBQ started to gather and we see them with 6. For some reason, they claimed it, did 1% damage and wiped. That semmed somewhat pointless. So they had someone tractor them and start to raise. We were still at about 15 people and we weren't rushing in. They got about 12 I think and pulled. BBQ was hacking away at it but Cerberus is not that hard until 25%. BBQ got to about 45% and missed a Gates of Hades. Wipe. We waited for it to regen to 100% and we finally had a full alliance with a few outside paralyna people. We went in.

I had never fought him and didnt know what to expect. Cerb has paralyzga, a fire spit conical attack, and a huge AoE attack called Gates of Hades. Luckily, Gates of Hades is stunnable and quite slow. Still, if you don't stun it your done for. You won't wipe with 1 but you'll go from 100% to about 30% in 1 shot. We got him to about 27% and then we had to start looking for GoH. We stunned the first but didn't have the cycle down. On the 2nd one we missed it and it got through. We couldn't recover and wiped at about 24%.

We reraised and started tractoring, and got everyone up. BBQ went for round 2 when it regenned. At this point we just we spectators, watching how they attacked it. Also, this time they had more members than before but some of their tanks and other jobs had left. They still did really well, they took it to about 10%, maybe less. Then a GoH got through. They looked like they were recovering and actually did. A few minutes later, another, and then another. They were done.

Hex said in LS no one pulls till it hit 40%. I asked why and he said something about hate and stun... I don't know. We watched it tick its HP... 23%, 34%, 45%. We claimed at 45% because 1) it was late and 2) It was obvious both LS's could take it to 20% without difficulty. This time we had a stun order laid down in concrete. We took him to 20, 15, 10%. Stunning every GoH. I wasn't really concerned with doing anything to Cerberus when it was my other 2 RDM/DRK's turns to stun. I was refreshing my people in my party and my outside paralyna's were getting me VERY fast. When I was up to stun I watched that screen like a hawk for "Cerberus readies Gates of Hades". That was my cue to execute my Stun macro. Sure enough we got him down and finally killed him. 1st kill for the LS and drops were Claw x2, Hide, Meat. No Algol :( but we did kill it.

Afterwards we went to the Hostel and wasted gil on fireworks and costumes. So in 3 days of being in Res I've killed Nid and Cerb. Good introduction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home