Monday, August 07, 2006

a new day

So after learning that one of the HNM LS's I was looking to join had no interest in accepting me (28 no's vs. 3 yes's) I was ready to give up on ffxi. Reputations take you pretty far in this game and mine's pretty crappy. I've asked around for a new end-game LS and most said no thanks. Finally, Friday I got a tell from someone I never thought I would. Hex from Resurrection.

Hex and I were in the same LS before he created Res. Since that time he has been on the opposite side of every LS I have camped with for almost 2 years. I had come to hate him for the simple fact that he wasn't on my side. This escalated from incidents that came about from other Res members, most notably Azeral trying to MPK me at our 1st Nid claim.

Well, after some deliberation I decided that, hell he was giving me a chance, I'd be selfish not to give him and his LS a chance. I showed showed up at Dragon's Aery Saturday morning since they were camping Faf/Nid. I was invited to a party but given no pearl. I camped for 2 hours with them and Nid popped. Hex claimed and we got him in our alliance. Nid, so we meet again.




This time I was in a party with people who knew what to do, what WS's to do, how to announce their intention to do said WS, and finally BLMs that knew how/when to MB those SC's. Then a veteran RDM of the LS showed up and was invited to my party. I was in a party now with WHM, RDM, RDM, BLM, BLM, BLM. We were doing fine then a BRD needed to come in. Well of course I was kicked (not asked to disband >:-\ dammit) and I outside healed while they grabbed the BRD. At that point I was told I had my pearl after the kill. It took 48 minutes and M Body/N Legs dropped. Unfortunetly I didn't get my title, but there's always next pop.

Next we did Temenos Central (floor 2) and won with under 1:00 left. One step closer to Nashira. Ended up with 4 coins bringing me to 20 and I got to finally see a new area of Limbus! Sunday was a mix of success and distress. Sunday morning I did Dynamis - Buburimu (victory) and we ended up with RNG belt, DRK hands, MNK hands-1, BLM hands-1, and two pairs of RDM hands -1. Our most successful run (drop-wise). Later we attempted Jorm in Ule Range. We had anough people but 3-4 people were in the wrong jobs (me included but I was told to come BRD!), and after starting over @ 90% we took him to 74% and kinda threw in the towel. A good chunk of players was EU or JPN and it was like 3am GMT and 8am JST. We're going to attempt him again next Saturday.




I'm exhausted, but excited at the same time. Res isn't as bad as I, or some others, make them out to be... there are some idiots in the shell but the problem is they are very "loud" idiots to others, whereas in other LS's I was in the idiots were idiotic toward their own LS members, not other LS's. I'm happy so far, there just needs to be a little less bickering. Pointing the finger at people for their mistakes doesn't change what happened in the past. You just need to learn from it and move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home