Saturday, April 08, 2006

Gotta be quick in this game

At least four times today I lucked out and scored an item by having the fast finger. The first came when I decided to camp a NM for my recently leveled 36NIN Tyrhanny. I ran to Davoi as RDM/WAR but went /anon of course. There is a 60WAR/25THF (gimp) Chinese RMT farmer. I know he is Chinese because after I got claim he kept trying to speak to me and I replied {I don't understand Japanese} and he replied "Chinese". Anyways, this WAR named Shopurs is in Davoi 24/7/365 and never ever EVER leaves. He camps the Jujitsu Gi NM all day long. His RMT buddy is Asuranfists, I watched him come and unload his stuff off him (3 Gi's and 9 Sitabaki's) and then bazaar it as he warped out. Here is what stupid RMT's do... they undercut themselves. This moron was selling multiple gi's daily for 1.5M and he undercut it nearly in half in about a week. Well anyways I waited till he used flee and got the old voke macro ready and sure enough right in front of me pops a long named Orc. Poisonhand Gnadgad is his name, he is a level 40 MNK Orc that pops once every 1.5 - 4 hours in Davoi. He drops the Jujitsu Gi. It seems like it's mostly used for MNK and SAM, but I love the look of it and right now I am using Federation Gi, great NIN stats but it's a lv25 armor and comes with much less DEF on it .

Anyays it didn't drop so it really doesn't matter. What is funny is 1) I beat him to claim, 2) He was extremely interested to know if I got drop asking me in broken english, auto-translator, and finally in Chinese and 3) Later on I saw he sold 3 Gi's and 7 Sitabaki's. He had undercut the Gi from 1.5M down to 850k, even selling one for 800k. RMT farmers are such morons... If you look close in the pic below you can actually see the RMT to the right of the NM. He's got the bazaar next to his name and he had 2 Gi's and 5 Sitabaki's for show.

Later I decided to finish my Mithra RSE gear. The final two pieces were Savage Gauntlets (MP+16, VIT+4, MND+2) and Savage Loincloth (MP+32, VIT/MND+1). I really didn't have any interest in either of these because they are kinda mage specific and seeing as Tyrhanny is a RNG/NIN/THF/WAR I doubt I'll ever use em so I checked AH and to my surprise the pair were worth about 700k combined! Nice chunk of change for running into a dungeon for 30 seconds, finding a chest, and trading Thief's Tools to it!


Finally... after I was all tired and worn out I decided to head to Sacrarium for my weekly XP scroll quest. It's real easy, just talk to NPC, head to Sacrium, in one of the 6 rooms is a ??? that when clicked gives yoi key item Tavnazian Cookbook. Take it back to NPC to get XP Scroll reward. As I started hitting the rooms I noticed someone checked me. Strange, very rarely are others in Sacrarium when I am. Anyways I went to room #2 and checked the bookcase and sure enough ??? was right there. I clicked it, got key item, and warped out to claim my scroll. Had I been about 4 seconds slower I'd have had to wait about 15 mins for it to respawn in another room.

Moral of tonight's stories. "Be sharp", or others will screw you over and beat you to the mob, item, etc. (People such as myself it seems...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home