Monday, April 17, 2006

Return of the GigaFlare


So I was leveling my DRK on Goro (30DRK as of now) and my RNG on Tyrhanny (49RNG) and I got a tell saying that a group was heading out to try Bahamut v1. Say no more, I was down for this fight. I had fun last month and zoned into his BCNM while wandering around doing the Spice Gals XP Scroll quest. I entered and tried to Elemental Seal Sleep II Bahamut.

I failed.

But either way I knew I was all setup for the fight (cutscene-wise) so we gathered up a group of 5 BLMs, and 11 other melees. The group was with some very nice people, people I've known off and on for a while. Aable, Yumikogirl, Darcain... too many to list. A nice group of people from Lineage, Furiousx, as well as a few stragglers. When we entered I started to remember how big this guy was.

We setup a good stun order and set off. Everything started off well. Bahamut does alot of talking, and especially tends to jabber on right before a major move. He used Flare II and some other moves that did about 200-300 damage. My job, as always, was to have my refresh cycle going on the BLMs at all times and in between Refreshes I would haste some melee and also Dispel Bahamut. We didn't have any problems at all really, we decided to 2 hour at 20%. At about 25% he started spamming TP so we mostly let it go from there. I made sure I had full MP and had all buffs up before I Chainspelled. After I made sure Stoneskin, Phalanx, Blink, Refresh, and Haste were up I popped a Ginger Cookie and rested. Thank goodness for my healing mp equipment (+19 mp while resting!). After about 90 seconds it was time to see if I could pull the hate off the melee! I hit him with Grav just in case (which didn't stick of course) and used Elemental Seal. Then I used Chainspell and just smashed the Thunder III macro. I used all my MP and ran back to convert. With Chainspell still on I was able to Convert and use back to back Cure IV's. I ran back and started mashing again. After 2 spells all of a sudden he used GigaFlare. I saw about 6 people go from 75% to 0% in a second. His HP was at 3% and 6/12 melee were dead but the mages were still holding on. Someone shouted "finish him!" and I honestly thought for a second I might be able to finish him off with my 550mp left. I spammed till I was out of MP and then Kumo used eagle Eye Shot to finish him off. Great fight, lots of fun. I'm sure if you had 2-3 Chainspell stunners then he'd never even get GigaFlare off, but we had none.

When it was all over and we were raising outside the BCNM I looked back on the chat log to see how much damage I was doing. Every single Thunder III hit him for 75-78... There was no way in hell I was going to solo finish off Bahamut. Meh, either way I got the win. Now I have to finish Zilart Mission 17, "The Celestial Nexus" so I can do Bahamut v2. On a side note one of our NINs was shown to be the hacker he truly is! How else could a 50NIN be wearing a Kirin's Osode?! It was fun times, I hope to do Bahamut v2 with these same people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home