Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Server down for maintenance... /shocked!

While they're fixing the servers once again I find myself blogging away before I grab a late lunch. I haven't been doing a lot of anything in game except crafting. I got Clothcraft from 39.4 to 45.7 last night and planned to get it to 50 until I was told the server was going down for more maintenance. SquareEnix said "gtfo or else", so I logged.

I've started to use alot of lightning crystals, and that crap is getting to be more expensive than the damn ingredients! Lightning has hovered around 6k but now they are creeping to 7k and above. I threw in the towel and headed out to Qufim and Behemoth's Dominion. I farmed for about 45minutes before I finally did something stupid. I pulled an elemental with Dia and started nuking, then realized I had convert up and ready to use (you can see where I'm going with this). I slept it and immedietly used my convert macro and converted to 23hp. Well Mr. Elemental wasn't slept (seeing as I had Dia'd him) and he got in a shot for 31. Unfortunetly 31>23 so I had to ask Mohib (MNK/WHM) to come all the way from Jeuno to raise my stupid ass. I deserved the xp loss. I didn't even have Protect on much less Stoneskin. It reminded me of my favorite title ever granted in this game:
I left with about 12 stacks of lightning clusters and went back to making silk and velvet. I remembered I needed to do my guild points so I checked and it was a Wool Cap (lvl 45 synth). I was at 44 at the time I think so I grabbed some Chocobo Feathers and guild support. Faced southeast with my Terra's Staff on and I get this! My first ever +1 synth. I had gotten the animation while making Wool Thread and Linen Thread but since they don't HQ I never reaped the benefits until tonight. I wanted to keep it just for sentimental reasons but it was worth 4960 guild points and when I saw that I said "screw that" and synthed another cap, a NQ Wool Cap. With my points I bought the key item "Spinning" which allows me to use multiple threads for one crystal. It doesn't help me skillup any faster, but when I want to make gil by turning items into threads this will save me a bunch of crytsals (which aren't cheap) . For example, 2 Flax Flowers + 1 lightning crystal makes 1 Linen Thread. Well, when you have learned spinning you can use 6 Flax Flowers + spindle (75g) + 1 lightning crystal and you'll get 3 threads. You end up saving 2 lightning crystals per synth. That's 24 crystals per stack and that equates to a 12-14k savings per stack on crystals alone. Anyways at the end of the day I was 45.7 and had the key item Spinning. From this point on I'll start saving for my Magnifying Spectacles. That's 70,000 GP's and the apron is 100k GP's (ugh).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home