Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I chose to be a Weaver

So I thought alot about the small fortune I have earned over the past 2 weeks and realized... there's nothing really to buy. My RDM is almost completely covered (I need Master Casters for the hands and I should be done) and my BRD is the same. All my good gear is rare/ex and the stuff that isn't is NQ. I guess if I wanted to I could buy Mahatma Slops and Wise Pigaches+1 but is it worth the millions of gil for +1 INT? I don't think so, not when those millions can return millions more when put into a craft.

So a decision had to be made. Which craft? Since my Smithing was at 55+1 I had pretty much 3 main options; Bonecraft, Clothcraft, or Leathercraft. I looked over bone and just wasn't really feeling it. Besides Scorpion Harness most profitable synths in bone have to be HQ'd. The real choice was between leather and cloth. I thought alot about this, and I know a few people who are leather vets and a few people who are cloth vets. Both are pretty wealthy from thier crafts, so then I just looked over the recipes. It seemed like getting cloth raised the first 50 levels was going to be a walk in the park. I can get to 31 by only crafting with Grass, Cotten and Linen! At 43 I need to get my Goldsmithing up to level 12 for Silver Thread, but that's a ways off.

From level 1-51 I found that I only have 6 synths out of 13 that require more than 1 ingedient. After that the smithing subcraft may benefit with synths like Arhat's and Shinobi. I feel confident about this and might dabble in some money making synths when I hit that level to just provide some income. I've been told leather takes about 15M to get to 100, and looking over the synths it looks as if cloth may be less. That's my first impression, I may do an about face in one week but for now I'm pumping my gils into Clothcraft!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home